Electronic Health Information Laws
|OnDemand Webinar||$219||Add to Cart|
Gain an understanding of the specific laws that are taken into effect for electronic health information by health care providers.Health care providers and offices are using more and more electronic systems to do everything from scheduling appointments and tracking records, to providing guidance in providing care, delivering medications, and communicating with patients and between professionals. Not only are there new technologies and devices to consider, but also new regulations and new interactions between regulations to consider, beyond the complexities of HIPAA that have been enforceable for fifteen years. There are Federal laws, such as HIPAA and 42 CFR Part 2, State laws about health information and specifically about mental health information and information about minors and reproductive health, regulations imposed through contract, such as the Payment Card Industry (PCI) Data Security Standard, and now even International law to be considered, in the application of the European Union's General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR) for any residents of the E.U. Despite the variety of regulations to be considered, there are principles that can be applied to help simplify compliance and make the application of new rules and changes easier to integrate with current compliance efforts. This topic will review the various regulations that concern electronic information in the health care realm and provide both a framework for approaching compliance with multiple overlapping regulations, and also examples of the current issues most frequently encountered with compliance and electronic health information laws.
AuthorsJim Sheldon-Dean, Lewis Creek Systems, LLC
Overview of Electronic Health Information Laws
• HIPAA, Part 2, PCI, GDPR, State Laws - What Does It All Mean?
• Principles of Compliance With Electronic Health Information Laws
Regulations and Electronic Health Information
• HIPAA Regulations - From Transactions and Enforcement to Privacy, Security, and Breach Notification
• SAMHSA and 42 CFR Part 2 - Special Considerations for Information Relating to Substance Use Disorders
• State Laws and Health Information
• PCI and Payment Card Information
• European Union General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
Applying the Regulations
• How You Do Business With Electronic Health Information?
• Using an Integrated Information Privacy and Security Management Process
• Current Issues in Using and Managing Electronic Health Information
|Audio & Reference Manual||More Info|